Fire protection equipment
Work in the fire protection industry for long enough and you’re bound to hear this adage…
Do you want the fire protection that can save you money?
Or do you want the fire protection that can save your life?
When it comes to fire, you only get one chance. And if your fire protection equipment isn’t up to the task, or isn’t working, the consequences can be devastating.
That’s why it’s critical that you consider purchasing good quality fire protection equipment from respected suppliers and brands. At the same time, it’s equally important to make sure that equipment is in good working order by regularly having it tested, maintained and, where necessary, repaired.
At Statewide Fire Protection, we recommend that you consider the following as part of a comprehensive fire protection strategy:
- Seek advice on the right equipment for your property.
- Select only quality products from reputable brands. At the same time, make sure that all relevant Standards have been met by the product.
- Arrange installation through properly accredited and trained technicians.
- Ensure all your people are trained in the use of your equipment and conduct regular fire drills.
- Set up a regular inspection and testing plan with your service provider.
- Make sure that all equipment is fully maintained (for example, fire extinguishers are filled and charged and fire blankets are in good order). If problems are found, make sure they are dealt with immediately.
In the end, you never know when a fire emergency will occur. For this reason, the best piece of advice we can give you is the well-known Boy Scout saying…
Be Prepared.June 17, 2013